Arts for All is in the building! We are thrilled to continue collaborating with such an amazing organization. If you haven't heard of them yet, here is some information:
- Their mission is to empower people with disabilities by providing access to artistic and cultural interactive experiences, fostering personal growth and learning.
- Arts for All has been around for 15 years, and in that time they have touched the lives of thousands of children and adults through music, dance, drama, creative writing, and visual art.
- Every person with a disability deserves access to art and cultural activities and this non profit facilitates that!
- Some of their programs include... ACCESS Grand Traverse is a monthly social-cultural program, Art Escapes workshops is a school-based series held in local special education classrooms, Kids on the Block is a super fun and educational travelling puppet performance, and info on their seasonal community dances can be found on the website!
Michigan Rehabilitation Services is host to a very wide range of services provided to our community and the whole state of Michigan. MRS has an impressive website listing all of the services they provide, but SOS mainly collaborates with the people at the Pre-Employment Transition Services, who are dedicated to helping people with disabilities succeed and thrive in their workplaces. These services are job exploration, work-based-learning experience, counseling of postsecondary education, workplace readiness training, and self-advocacy training, including peer mentoring.
SOS is out in the community supporting and working with many organizations; collaboration is the key to a thriving community. Take a look at some of our more recent collaborations below:
- Grand Traverse Wrap Around with Child and Family Services, 2014-Present
- Grand Traverse Juvenile Court Program, 2014-Present
- Cherry Festival Parade Volunteer Youth Team, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Cherry Festival Ambassadors for Special Kids Day, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Leelanau Juvenile Court Program, 2017-Present
- Systems of Care Team, 2017-Present
Without our community supporters, SOS would not be where we are today. We'd like to express special thanks to the following for helping us reach a greater client base in the Grand Traverse area:
- Disability Network
- Child and Family Services
- Bethany Christian Services--PARC (Post Adoption Resource Center)
- National Cherry Festival: Volunteer youth team
- Northwestern Michigan College, Office of Disability Support Services
- Grand Traverse & Leelanau Juvenile Court
- Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce and the Chamber Foundation's Small Business Sub-Micro Loan
- Venture North
- Small Business Development Center
Michigan College Planning provides guidance and professional advice to families navigating the college planning process. This is a big deal! Not every resource is reliable, whether it be from friends or the internet, so thankfully there is an expert in our area!
- Consultation & Goal Setting
- Interest Assessing
- Career Path Planning & Identifying
- College Application Assisting
- Essay Writing
- Portfolio Building
- SAT & ACT Prepping
- College Study Skills & Organizing
- Scholarship Searching